Best. Summer. Ever! A Study of Philippians
Sermon-Based Discussion Questions and Resources
*If you are watching this alone, use these as reflection questions. You may want to journal and write down your responses. If you are watching with others, have one person lead the discussion by reading this discussion guide and questions out loud after you watch the sermon.
- Best. Summer. Ever! A Study of Paul’s Letter to the Philippians
- This summer we will dive deep into the apostle Paul’s letter to the church in Philippi. Paul wrote this letter during a time when he was quarantined under house arrest. He was locked down and things on the outside didn’t seem like they were going well, yet Paul seemed to thrive. How DID he thrive in these circumstances? How was he able to find joy and purpose in the midst of hardship? What if having the best summer ever or even the best day ever has nothing to do with our circumstances and everything to do with a “secret” Paul knew about thriving in difficulty? Join us this summer as we read the Philippians’ mail that God sent through Paul that has now been forwarded on to us in the Bible, developing a thriving faith in you.
- The Secret of Contentment: In Philippians 4:10-20, Paul shares his secret of being content no matter what you have or don’t have and no matter what is happening to you. Paul tells us why he is okay even when things are not okay.
- Read Philippians 4:10-20
- Where in life are you most discontented?
- In what ways have you experienced God’s strength in your life?
- What does this verse mean to you? 2 Peter 1:3 “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness”.
- What steps do you need to take towards becoming fully satisfied in God?
- Philippians 4:13 reads “I can do all this through Him who gives me strength”. Talk about the 3 phrases Doug encouraged us to say about navigating our THIS…
- BELIEVE: “I can do THIS thing through Christ…”
- ADMIT: “I CAN’T do this thing without Christ…”
- COMMIT: “I WON’T do this thing without Christ…”
- What is your “THIS” that you are navigating and needs God’s strength?
- NEXT STEPS:
- What is your next step based on this week’s message?
- Memorize Philippians 4:13 “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
*Scripture References: Philippians 4:10-20, 2 Peter 1:3